I spend a lot of time looking at maps, studying guide books, and scouring the internet for ideas. Below are a few blogs I have found that I really like:
- NC Waterfalls – Best source for waterfalls in the NC/SC area
- Kevin Adams – Another good site for waterfall info
- Brenda J. Wiley – Provides GPX files of trails around Panthertown Area
- Two Brothers Hiking Co – Detailed trip of Foothills Trail
- Blogs with trip reports and photos from Pisgah area (and many other areas as well)
Have any suggestions? I would love to check them out!
I sometimes post some my adventures on the Outbound here. This is a good site to see what others are up to and find new trails to explore.